Let’s face it, eating healthy can be confusing with all the conflicting advice out there. Here are the 7 keys to eating healthy 100% percent of the time.
- Read the ingredient list.
- Know what a serving size is and stick to it. Portions are the number one cause of weight gain. With huge portions becoming the norm, no wonder we are having difficulty sticking to a single serving.
- Listen to your body. What does your body truly want/crave? A sweet craving that you think is for candy or cookies could actually be a craving for a sweet vegetable. Try to stop, breathe, and analyze to determine if you might be just as satisfied eating a piece of fruit.
- Equip your fridge with healthy options. Pick up these 20 ingredients the next time you go to the supermarket. They could be the key to keeping you from eating unsatisfying empty calories.
- Balance your meal. Include a carbohydrate, protein, and fat in every meal you make.
- Be flexible. Try to eat healthfully 90% of the time and whatever you feel like eating 10% of the time. We are all human and leaving a little room for flexibility is what will help you maintain a healthy diet.
- Drink H2O along with any meal and you’ll realize you feel fuller faster. Many times when you feel hungry after you’ve eaten, it’s because you are actually thirsty.
There you have it, short and sweet!